Keepin' it Green
When we bought the 'Cup' in 2004, our goal was to help build the community and care for the planet. We worked with Root Systems Institute and found some pretty cool ways to to reduce our impact on the environment.
- We offset our energy use with renewable, non-polluting wind energy. Even the solar powered golf cart is off grid.
- We have a comprehensive recycling and composting program. From eggshells to cups and plates, we keep as much as we can out of the landfills.
- The milk used in everything on our menus is free of added hormones.
- Cage free eggs make our baked goods consciously delicious.
- Coffee cups - those not created by our local pottery artist - are fully compostable, as are our to-go boxes.
- A unique plastic made from corn is the base for our compostable smoothie cups, straws, lids, forks, spoons and knives.
- Our biodegradable and compostable plates are made from sugar cane. (pretty sweet)
- We shoo the flies in the summer by planting pots of basil, a natural deterrent, around windows and doorways. Nothing like trading pesticides for pesto.